PERSONAL CARE AID (PCA) OBJECTIVE
TO PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL CARE GIVING
SERVICES THAT ENABLE CLIENTS TO REMAIN
INDEPENDENT IN THEIR OWN HOME.
BEFORE DOWNLOADING THE APPLICATION BELOW, PLEASE THOROUGHLY READ THE PERSONAL CARE JOB REQUIREMENTS ON THIS PAGE INCLUDING LINKED PAGES!
Personal Care employees must be certified by the State as a Personal Care Aide, which means they have successfully completed the Personal Care Aid Curriculum required by the State of Virginia. Your certification must be up-to-date and active. You must also be able to fulfill, in addition to Personal Care duties, all of the Companion Caregiver duties and requirements.
Home Sweet Home Care will provide job-related training upon hire, but there are requirements that you must meet at the time of application.
Pre-Hire Required Qualifications:
1. Certification in Personal Care that is current and up-to-date.
2. Six months experience working directly with the elderly, either professionally or personally
3. Knowledge of proper transfer techniques to include the use of mechanical lifts (Hoyer) and how to practice fall prevention.
4. Ability to read, write, understand, and communicate written instructions in English.
5. *Five years of documented work experience with at least three recent work-related references.
6. Three personal references
7. GED or high school diploma.
8. Basic computer skills and access to email
9. Valid driver’s license with clean DMV record
10. Access to an insured and reliable vehicle
11. Clean Nationwide background check
12. Drug Free lifestyle.
13. Good physical and mental health.
14. Physical ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear and see and lift up to 25 pounds
15. Physical ability to work in an environment to include animals and smoking.
16. Mental fortitude and stability to handle stress.
17. Physical and mental ability to drive a vehicle.
*We realize that there are people who have devoted their lives to taking care of others and, because of this, do not have much of an official employment history or that history is ancient. If you are an “empty nester” with little employment history, we still encourage you to apply and include details of your life experience with your application. We are highly interested in people with your experience and heart.