The Family Caregiver Education Program is an online, interactive opportunity to learn more about the aging process, and how to successfully interact with the elderly. All of these courses are designed especially for Family Caregivers who are providing care to the elderly. Home Sweet Home Care Inc is offering these courses to the public completely free of charge.
Through the Family Caregiver Program you have access to over 40 hours of training. You may take as many of these courses as you want, at no cost to you. This offering is part of our community outreach projects, which we utilize to actively support the community. We encourage you to let others know that this wonderful resource is available to everyone for free.
The Family Caregiver Education Program was developed by IPCED , a leader in developing courses to train professional caregivers on how to care for the elderly. This is the same company we use for a part of our employee training in addition to our Certified Caregiver training. We know these courses will help you learn new methods and educate you on being the best caregiver possible, whether it is learning how to communicate with the elderly, dealing with the Alzheimer’s or some other chronic disease, assisting with mobility and more.
The Family Caregiver Education Program is thorough, interactive and provides useful tools that will help you in so many ways. However, should you ever need additional help, we hope you will take advantage of our highly trained employees and bring in a Companion or Personal Caregiver to help you with the rewarding and challenging task of taking care of your loved one.
Sampling of Course Subjects Available through the Family Caregiver Education Program:
- Alzheimer’s Memory Loss and Aging: This course describes the signs and symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease and how it affects the individual as well as friends and family. This is just one of a series Alzheimer’s courses in our Family Caregiver Program. If your loved one has Alzheimer’s this series will teach you a great deal about the disease and how to help your loved one.
- Body Systems and the Aging Process: Understand the aging process, how it affects the person and how the caregiver can help.
- Common Chronic Diseases: This course will help you understand common diseases affecting the elderly population, including Alzheimer’s disease, COPD, cancer, CHF, diabetes, Parkinson’s, stroke and more.
- Communicating with Others: This course will help you understand how to communicate with a person with memory loss or one who is agitated or difficult.
- Handling Difficult Situations & Behaviors: This course provides a foundation for handling a variety of difficult behaviors, including aggressive, disruptive, and repetitive behavior, wandering, Sundowner’s and resistance to care.
- Promoting your Family Member’s Independence: Keeping your loved one as independent as possible is a cornerstone of good care.
- Tasks of a Caregiver: Learn how your work as a caregiver will help preserve your loved one’s safety and integrity, help with mobility and independence, include you as a vital part of the whole health care team.
To access the entire list and take advantage of this wonderful Family Caregiver Program, just click the link below. That’s it! You can get high-quality educational courses at no cost. You can also take as many or as few of the courses as you want and do so at your own pace. The family caregiver education program is an opportunity that will provide you with knowledge, tools, and coaching on providing the best possible care for your loved one.